This position may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) to join our Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) Treatment, Support and Recovery Team (TSR) in beautiful Kelowna, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse:
• Functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) or Tertiary Mental Health Services multi-disciplinary care team
• Ensures that persons with serious severe and persistent mental health problems, and/or problematic substance use and/or development disability issues who may or may not be in crisis have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services
• Provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life
• Functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families
The Treatment, Support and Recovery Team (TSR) provides case management services for individuals with serious and persistent mental illness living in the community. Successful applicants must have experience assessing and treating Mental Health disorders such as Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder.
This is a RELIEF FULL-TIME opportunity until January 6, 2025, or the return of the incumbent. Shifts of work are days, Monday to Friday. Shift times are 08:30 to 16:30 hours.
About this location/unit:
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving City of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the South Central Region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a Top Employer!
See why Nursing at Interior Health is such an amazing opportunity!
Learn more about the Okanagan Valley!
• Graduation from an approved school of nursing
• Two years’ recent related MHSU experience in the assigned clinical area(s) (such as Counselling & Treatment Services; Treatment, Support & Recovery Services; Crisis Response; Seniors MHSU Services; Substance Use; Developmental Disability Mental Health Services (DDMHS), etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current valid B.C. driver’s license
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.