Calling all Cardiology Technologists! We work together as a team and strive to provide the safest, highest quality care possible. Every employee is part of this, from the professionals on the front line to the extensive network behind the scenes.
We have casual, relief (part time, full time) and permanent (part time, full time) positions available throughout the Interior Health region with a variety of vacancies in:
| Cranbrook | Kamloops | Kelowna | Penticton | Trail | Vernon | Williams Lake |
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
What will you work on?
As the Cardiology Technologist at this busy site, you would work independently within a supportive team environment to perform duties related to cardiology testing. This may typically include techniques relating to Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, stress testing, Holter and event Recorders and pacemaker monitoring and other types of diagnostic cardiac equipment.
• Explains procedures to prepare patients for testing such as ECG, stress testing, Holter monitoring, pacemaker monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and related tests and answers related questions.
• Performs a variety of non-invasive examinations such as ECG, stress testing and Holter and event monitoring and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring by attaching electrodes to the patient, operating equipment, analyzing and recording relevant data for interpretation by cardiologist and/or internist.
• Explains cardiac pacemaker screen system to patients, monitors cardiac pacemakers and notifies cardiologist and/or internist of abnormalities; contacts patients by telephone for repeat recordings as required.
• Monitors patients and scans test strips during cardiograms and stress tests and takes appropriate action upon recognition of cardiac arrhythmias or other abnormalities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Scans and analyzes ECG, stress, Holter and event monitor, and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring test strips. Selects and assesses appropriate portions of test strips and summarizes for interpretation by medical staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Transfers and assigns ECGs in ECG Cardiology Management systems (i.e. Tracemaster) for interpretation by medical staff.
• Demonstrates ECG testing procedures and operation of related equipment as required.
• Monitors ongoing departmental activity levels and assists fellow staff to meet requests for service.
• Maintains statistics and files completed reports.
• Maintains equipment by cleaning, lubricating and replacing items such as paper rolls, electrodes, and leads.
• Participates in Quality Management and/or Quality Assurance programs (including LEAN projects/initiatives) by providing information and input to Manager (or designate)
• Participates in the instruction/orientation of staff and/or students by assisting with departmental orientations, in-service presentations, demonstrating procedures and answering questions, as required.
• Maintains and updates own clinical knowledge within area of practice.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
What should your application include?
• Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists Diploma from a recognized institution;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent, related experience or equivalent;
• A Cover Letter stating your preferred location(s), the type of shift you are applying to (casual, part-time relief, full-time relief, permanent part-time, permanent full-time) and your availability to start in a new position.
Completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists recognized Diploma program in Cardiology Technology plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current certification with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.