Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Perinatal team at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital in beautiful Vernon, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Practices in a perinatal clinical setting and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care
• Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
• Ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs
• Demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment. Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
At Vernon Jubilee Hospital, as a part of the Women’s and Children’s Health Services team, you will work to care for a variety of patient types from preterm to adult, and through differing journey’s. Ante-/intra-/post-partum patients, pediatrics, special care nursery infants and some medical/surgical are all patient populations you can find on WCHS. The position requires flexibility and adaptability to a regularly changing, fast-paced and team driven environment. You will have the ability to impact more than just at the bedside with the high-quality care you are providing. With your willingness to participate in a highly engaged team environment, there is ability to influence the entire unit in evidence-based change. We all have things to learn from one another and on WCHS in Vernon, we are always growing and learning to ensure we are providing high-quality care. WCHS is committed to ensuring that new staff are set up for success. Education days and unit orientation are imperative to ensure that you feel prepared to care for our diverse patient population. There is opportunity on WCHS to take on special projects, additional education and pursue leadership pathways. On WCHS, we work very closely with a variety of experts including our multidisciplinary team, learning from our physicians, obstetricians, pediatricians, midwives, social workers, dieticians etc.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in a Perinatal clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience
• Current Fetal Health Surveillance
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NPR) within 2 years
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.