Columbia View Lodge has an exciting opportunity for a casual Program Leave Management Assistant to join their team in Trail B.C! The hours of work for this position are Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What we offer:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employer paid vacation
• Medical Services Plan
• Employer paid insurance premiums
• Extended health & dental coverage
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Work-life balance
• Opportunities for career advancement
What Will You Work On?
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the planning and processing of employee vacation and leave information and performs registration and cashier duties as required. Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Types a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, presentation material, newsletters from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises;
• Coordinates meetings, as directed, by booking meeting rooms and relevant equipment, arranging catering, sending out meeting requests, and typing and circulating agendas and relevant supporting material;
• Coordinates travel arrangements as directed, by booking and confirming flights, vehicles and accommodation as required;
• Receives invoices and prepares staff expenses, reimbursements and monthly corporate visa statements;
• Performs patient registration duties and cashier related duties as required;
• Provides relevant/required information to the Purchasing Department in order for a consultant contract to be generated;
• Maintains office supply inventory and required support material by placing orders, receiving and storing supplies and generating purchase orders;
• Prepares statistical information as required by gathering and compiling data, developing and formatting statistical charts and graphs using appropriate software;
• Performs record management duties such as setting up and maintaining electronic and manual filing systems;
• Prepares and maintains web based communications and program/department intranet site and/or sharepoint site from general instruction using appropriate software;
• As required, reviews and verifies entitlement for all vacation, leave of absence, and banked time requests;
• Updates and maintains vacation planning calendars, tracking spreadsheets and tools;
What should your application include?
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 55wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
If you are an experienced Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12, two years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.