This position may qualify for up to $10,000 as a signing bonus and/or be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Diabetes Education team at the Cariboo Memorial Hospital in beautiful Williams Lake, B.C.!
If you are a Registered Nurse who has completed a recognized Diabetes Education certification program and has recent related clinical experience, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides diabetes education, supports diabetes management and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team
• Has a strong understanding of adult education principles and change facilitation skills, in addition to excellent working knowledge of diabetes care and management with all types of diabetes – Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes, and pediatric diabetes
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a permanent full-time (1.00 FTE) opportunity.
Shifts of work will be Monday to Friday; with shift times of 08:00 to 16:00.
About this location/unit:
The community of Williams Lake is located amidst sparkling lakes and rolling ranchland in the heart of the Cariboo-Chilcotin Region of British Columbia. As the largest city in the area, it serves as a business, industrial and service hub for outlying communities and provides employment opportunities in the forestry, mining, agriculture and tourism sectors. Home to the famous Williams Lake Stampede, this former “cowtown” has grown into a vibrant city that offers its residents a comfortable blend of urban living and western charm. Williams Lake offers four distinct seasons, which fosters a large host of sporting possibilities.
See why working in Williams Lake as a healthcare professional is such a great opportunity!
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved school of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Current, valid Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification (CDE); or completion of the Diabetes Educator Graduate Certificate Program from Michener Institute
• Current, valid BC Driver’s License
• Two years’ recent related clinical experience including: one year experience assessing, treating, and educating patients, family members, and others about diabetes using a self-management support approach; and experience providing formal, adult, group education; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.