Some positions may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Are you a dedicated, reliable, and passionate Health Care Assistant, looking to make a career move? We have Community Health Worker opportunities available throughout Interior Health and we want to hear from you!
About the Job:
As the Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Community Health Workers:
• Perform activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Perform household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Provide meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Provide assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observe and report changes in client behaviour and condition
• Perform delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Our typical CHW schedules are based on 8 hour shifts and include Days, Evenings, and the occasional Nights (location specific) with rotating days off.
Joining Interior Health will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within the fantastic communities we serve!
Many of our opportunities offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Find more information about applying and working as a Community Health Worker at Interior Health here.
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $26.30-$28.74. These are unionized positions.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.