Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) to join our Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) Adult Community Support Services (ACSS) team in beautiful Cranbrook, B.C.
The successful candidate will need to have experience providing brief mental health and substance use assessments of clients in crisis, and work in a variety of settings such as office based, community based and in hospital. We are seeking candidates with flexibility, critical thinking skills and an ability to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse:
• Functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) or Tertiary Mental Health Services multi-disciplinary care team
• Ensures that persons with serious severe and persistent mental health problems, and/or problematic substance use and/or development disability issues who may or may not be in crisis have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services
• Provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life
• Functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families
As the Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse with Adult Community Support Services (ACSS), you will provide urgent outreach, responsive assessment and treatment, case management, GP shared care, education, and support to individuals experiencing acute and/or chronic mental illness and/or problem substance use.
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work are Monday through Friday with shift times of 08:30 to 16:30.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved school of nursing
• Two years’ recent related MHSU experience in the assigned clinical area(s) (such as Counselling & Treatment Services; Treatment, Support & Recovery Services; Crisis Response; Seniors MHSU Services; Substance Use; Developmental Disability Mental Health Services (DDMHS), etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Current valid B.C. driver’s license
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$57.78. These are unionized nursing positions with the BCNU.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.