Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self-directed term specific full time Project Support Coordinators to join the Staffing Services team. The term of these positions is until December 31, 2023.
The location of these positions is flexible within the Interior Health Region.
Who are we looking for?
Along with your organization, attention to detail, knowledge and skills, we are looking for a candidate that has staffing experience, project experience, supervisory, workflows mapping, business and healthcare experience. Someone that can make a difference and takes pride in their career to work in our fast paced environment. You will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the health care system.
What will you work on?
The Project Support Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively to support technology upgrade initiatives within the Staffing Services Transformation team. Responsibilities include coordinating and organizing workflow; collecting and analyzing relevant information; providing input on systems testing strategies; evaluating testing outcomes; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the Staffing Services Transformation team.
The Project Support Coordinator assists with the development and implementation of Staffing Services technologies and activities across Interior Health (IH). This position supports the retrieval, analysis, and presentation of strategic information to help identify best practice processes that are required to support operational decision-making. The Project Support Coordinator provides assistance for the efficient and effective use of approved physical, financial, and human resources; for guiding and coordinating activities within their assigned areas; and supporting the goals and strategic direction of IH.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides assistance on projects by identifying, collecting, and analyzing relevant information related to systems testing, completing test plan cases, and providing input and recommendations on the evaluation of systems testing.
2. Assists with measuring the overall effectiveness of technology upgrade responsiveness and monitors outputs against defined project standards/outcomes.
3. Manages project tasks consistent with accepted standard methodologies to ensure the successful and coordinated completion of project milestones, as directed.
4. Supports the development of systems for workflow and documentation, prioritizes activities, and follows up on action plans and deliverables.
5. Assists in the development of project implementation and work plans for the Staffing Services Transformation team, including the identification of key stakeholders, critical timeframes, and processes required to ensure effective identification of program requirements.
6. Contributes to the development of project materials by drafting correspondence and preparing formal reports, as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics, as required.
7. Supports and coordinates activities associated with committees, working groups, and task groups, including collating and reporting progress on key initiatives.
8. Presents project updates to internal and external stakeholders.
9. Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong skills. The opportunity to have a balance lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A degree or diploma in a Business, Human Resources, Social Sciences, or a health related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience in Staffing Services.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness
• Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs
• Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with members of the interdisciplinary team
• Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings
• Demonstrated ability to identify strategies and opportunities in a dynamic environment that lead to identified outcomes using evidence-based practice
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal forms
• Demonstrated program and project management skills and proficiency with a variety of pertinent computer software
• Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, organize, and evaluate using critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to collate/analyze data and proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and graphing
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Salary range for the position is approximately 52K to 65K and starting salary will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.