We are hiring a permanent full time Benefits Assistant to join our Employee Benefits and Records team. This position is based out of the Community Health & Services Centre (CHSC) in Kelowna.
What will you work on?
The Benefits Assistant provides confidential administrative, research, and technical support to the Employee Benefits and Records Portfolio. The Benefits Assistant promotes and fosters an organizational awareness in both the client-manager and employee populations in the Benefits and Records Portfolio. The Benefits Assistant provides advice and guidance on basic Collective Agreement and policy issues and directs client-managers and employees to the appropriate departmental personnel within the organization.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Determines the nature of basic Collective Agreement issues with an emphasis on employee relations and contract interpretation, advises Managers/supervisors, answers inquiries directly or through correspondence.
• Advises Managers/supervisors and Human Resources (HR) staff on a variety of HR systems and processes including Meditech, eStaffing, and iSite.
• Accesses reports and performs data entry using a variety internal systems and a variety of external benefit provider systems.
• Prepares and distributes internal and external correspondence of a confidential nature such as appropriate legal documentation, communication with external benefit providers/carriers, terminations, employees’ benefits, new employee packages, and name change requests.
• Records and types minutes for various team meetings.
• Records management, including setting up and maintaining electronic and manual filing systems.
• Prepares and designs a variety of presentation materials.
• Participates in other HR projects as assigned.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Graduation from an Office Administration program.
• One to three years of related experience in Human Resources.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• An appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
• Models professionalism and integrity.
• Has the capability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and often hectic working environment.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, to be discrete, and tactful.
• Basic knowledge of contract interpretation and administrative practices sufficient to assist the Leader, Manager, and Director with a variety of tasks.
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and to be flexible.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Salary range for the position is approximately 44K to 55K and starting salary will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.