In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Data Entry Clerk provides data entry support and various general clerical duties for Information Management Information Technology (IMIT).
This casual position will provide cover for shifts when required from 8:00 - 12:00 Monday to Friday.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the maintenance of all application systems, including related dictionary / table maintenance based on pre-determined criteria. This is may be accomplished using scripting software, excel spreadsheets and/or data entry routines.
• Prepares excel spreadsheets for scripting functions for other team members, and monitors scripts and processes.
• Uses a variety of software applications to perform general word processing and clerical functions such as typing reports, documents and correspondence from rough draft or general instruction.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, plus one year’s recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type 55 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Applicants will need to provide a Typing Test from a recognised educational institute at application stage.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.