The Recruitment Team is looking for a permanent full time Recruitment Assistant to support all aspects of external recruitment. The location of this position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
Who are we looking for?
If you have a passion for recruitment and you are able to handle high volumes of work, have solid organization skills and can juggle multiple priorities and tasks this opportunity is for you.
What will you work on?
The Recruitment Assistant works in a team environment and supports all aspects of the employee recruitment functions including technical and confidential administrative support as well as providing advice and guidance to hiring managers and employees on issues related to, but not limited to, offer letter clauses, job postings, and any policy issues. The Recruitment Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the Recruitment team informed and aligned to its priorities.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries received by email/phone by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
2. Initiates follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolves day-to-day problems as required, evaluates operating procedures, and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/ reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
3. Provides general administrative support by:
• Opening and screening daily mail, redirecting if required
• Responding to general inquiries and re-directing candidate applications to Recruiters
• Producing offer letters based on standard templates, incorporating additional position-specific details as directed by the Recruiters
• Drafting secondment agreements and obtaining signatures as required
• Managing requests for references including the authorization to release information
• Verifying offer details, for example, registration numbers, licenses/certifications, sites etc.
• Ensuring appropriate completion of a Criminal Record Check as required by the positions
• Collect, organize, and report vacancy and other data to support the development of recruitment and sourcing metrics
4. Provides support to the Advisors related to the internal posting process, rankings, secondary job codes and internal offer letters.
5. Provides support to the Recruiters related to tracking, special projects and events (both in-person and virtual).
6. Coordinates recruitment sourcing initiatives including job posting boards, database searches and direct email marketing as directed by the Recruiter.
7. Attends department meetings and follows up on action items as required.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive wages and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management or a related field.
• CPHR is considered an asset.
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
• Candidates who demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of administrative practices sufficient to assist Recruiters with a variety of tasks
• Sound judgement and problem solving skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Ability to be discrete, tactful, and flexible
• High level skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications
• Superior team working skills
• Ability to take initiative, and work independently with limited supervision
• Marketing experience and/or demonstrated knowledge is an asset
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Salary range for the position is approximately 52K to 65K and starting salary will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.