Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at the Shuswap Lake General Hospital in beautiful Salmon Arm, B.C. If emergency nursing is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, apply today!
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a RELIEF PART-TIME (0.72 FTE) OPPORTUNITY until November 20, 2024 or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be rotating day with shift times of 11:00 to 23:00.
About this location/unit:
Our department consists of 14 beds, including general treatment bays, six monitored beds, two trauma bays, a negative pressure room, and a secure room. The Emergency department receives approximately 26,000 visits per year and offers state-of-the-art equipment including a new Space Labs Cardiac Monitoring System, and a Procedural Cart System. This system was designed to make all treatment area’s multi-purpose by bringing the service needed directly to the patient.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
o Advanced preparation in a critical care clinical specialty and 2 years related clinical experience aligned with unit specific competencies or an equivalent combination of education and experience
o Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 3 years
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.