East Shore Health Centre is looking for reliable and motivated relief part-time (0.11 FTE) Medical Lab Assistants to join the team in Nelson.
What we offer:
• An attractive remuneration package
• Excellent career prospects
• Employer paid training/education
• Employer paid vacation
• Medical Service Plan
• Employer paid insurance premiums
• Extended Health & Dental coverage
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Work-life balance
What you will work on:
The Laboratory Assistant performs a variety of duties within the Laboratory such as taking blood samples from patients, preparing blood and other specimens for analysis, performing routine lab tests, distributing specimens to Laboratory departments and outside Laboratories, operating related equipment, entering data into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and performing related clerical duties. They shall also perform ECG testing as required.
About this location:
Located on the shores of Kootenay Lake and surrounded by the Selkirk Mountains is the welcoming community of Nelson. Lush parks, colourful gardens and over 350 heritage buildings give the city its picturesque charm. Known as “City of the Arts,” Nelson has been consistently ranked as the number one small town arts community in Canada.
• Grade 12
• Successful completion of a recognized Laboratory Assistant training program
• One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid BC Driver’s License as required
• Ability to type 25 WPM *please upload a copy of an invigilated/supervised typing test dated within the last 48mths. Please note we do not accept self-administered online tests*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.