If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for a hospital setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Occupational Therapist opening.
A Casual Occupational Therapist’s focus would include all area Occupational Therapy portfolios, including Acute Care at Shuswap Lake General Hospital (SLGH) in Salmon Arm and Long-term Care within the numerous facilities in Salmon Arm, Enderby and Armstrong
Shuswap Lake General Hospital is a Level 2 Community Hospital offering surgical, inpatient, obstetrics and 24 hour emergency services. The Occupational Therapist’s focus would be physical/medical adult, including inpatient surgical/orthopedics, rehab unit, medical caseload.
We have a great, supportive team that provides ongoing mentorship and comradery. Mentorship is an ongoing process for new grads and those new to BC. We support a lifelong learning perspective. We provide education pertinent to your growth and areas you are interested in. We enjoy our work, work hard to get things done and have fun while doing so!
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Salmon Arm, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.