In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Technical Systems Analyst I performs a variety of duties to ensure the provision of effective maintenance and support of information system and hardware throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards. Provides user support and training to regional users of hardware and software applications.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Modifies existing application programs by reviewing specifications, coding program changes and making adjustments.
• Gathers information from users to use in designing forms and preparing data flowcharts and design documents for applications and hardware according to established procedures and guidelines.
• Working closely with the senior analyst, team leader, or manager communicates with users to gather information about current system and hardware uses. Provides input about new requirements and implementation processes to the senior analyst.
• In collaboration with the senior analyst, team leader, or manager, supports the implementation of system changes and provides user support. Participates in the implementation, testing, maintenance and support of hardware including desktops, mobiles, peripherals and hand-held computer systems throughout the Interior Health Authority.
• Assists the senior analyst, team leader, or manager in developing educational training requirements. Provides related training to meet the learning needs of users regarding software and hardware applications supported by the department in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in computer science or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to organize work.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.