Who Are We Looking For?
Kamloops Central Health has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full-time Population Health Program Support clerk to join their team. This position works Monday to Friday from 07:40 to 16:32 with every second Monday off.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of reception duties and administrative support functions to Population Health Programs such as word processing, preparing routine correspondence and reports, responding to inquiries, collecting fees, filing and operating equipment. This position provides support to all Environmental Public Health Programs including Environmental Health, Drinking Water Systems, Environmental Assessment, Healthy Build Environment and licensing.
Typical Administrative support functions will include:
• Maintains data management software programs for Population Health programs by gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information as well as performing data entry.
• Types general correspondence such as letters, memos, newsletters, forms, reports and documents.
• Performs reception duties such as answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors.
• Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence such as faxes, mail, couriers, etc.
• Performs records management duties including setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and materials to be filed, preparing and archiving material, preparing material for offsite storage and destruction.
• Receives, records, checks, balances cash transactions, including receiving payments, issuing receipts and maintaining petty cash. Makes bank deposits as necessary.
• Informs supervisor or designated authority of fleet vehicle and building maintenance and repair requirements.
• May deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult, determining from information received or observed behaviors whether a crisis/emergent situations exists, and obtain immediate assistance if necessary.
• Assists with orientation of staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures. Provides input and feedback in relation to work procedures.
What should your application include?
-Office Administration Certificate
-Valid 5 minute typing test of 40 wpm taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
-a current valid BC Driver’s License
-A Cover letter stating your availability to start in a new position
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile:Spectacular landscapes, Kamloops is home to an incredibly diverse landscape of sagebrush-covered hills, ravines, wide open grasslands, rugged mountains, forested valleys and pristine lakes. Summer offers fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, camping, award winning mountain biking and the Tobiano golf course is ranked as one of Canada’s best. Winter brings the opportunity for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and ice-skating, or just 45 minutes out of town; Sun Peaks Four Season Resort offers the best skiing and snowboarding in the area. With over 2,000 hours of sunshine each year, this city offers everything you'd want in an urban centre while still providing the small town relaxed lifestyle.
Education, Training & Experience
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized Office Administration certification program plus one year recent, related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
-Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
-Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
-Ability to follow detailed instruction.
-Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
-Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and follow through in detail to meet deadlines
-Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
-Knowledge of general office procedures and the ability to operate related equipment, including software
-Ability to type 40 wpm.
-Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.