Interior Health is looking for a Casual, Fit Test Clerk to join their Fit Mask Test Clinic at Kelowna General Hospital. If you have graduated from Grade 12, plus one year's recent experience, and a current typing test 50 wpm or greater....Apply today!
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Many careers with us begin with casual employment and lead to permanent or temporary career opportunities.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00
What Will You Work On?
The Fit Test Clerk performs a variety of clerical and support duties within the Central Functions department.
Typical Duties Include:
• Conducts Powered Air Purifying Respirator, Qualitative and Quantitative Respirator Fit Tests;
• Performs data entry functions for a variety of registries and databases by entering information into software programs;
• Performs basic equipment maintenance by replacing worn or damaged parts, dissembling, reassembling and verifying the calibration of porta count machines used for Fit Testing;
• Maintains statistical records such as fit testing reports;
• Sends order requests to Manager and receives unit/office supplies;
• Maintains filing systems for manuals, correspondence/documents and other departmental records;
• Responds to general inquiries from staff, and others, exercising discretion in the release of information;
• Performs other related duties and/or projects as assigned.
Community Profile: Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within an one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• One year recent related experience or;
• An equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 50 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
*Please upload typing test (min 50 wpm within past 48 months)
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.