Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Casual Out-Patient Scheduling/Booking. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties such as:
• Schedules and books outpatient appointments;
• Ensures all available appointment times are filled according to established protocols
• Requisitions diagnostic tests and procedures;
• Receptionist, Clerical, and Record Management duties;
• Completes a variety of standard forms for registration/billing purposes;
• Filing, typing, and requisitioning supplies;
• Data entry for a variety of clinical registries and databases.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 07:15 to 15:15, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within an one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Please submit a 5 min Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) from an approved institution and proof of Medical Terminology knowledge**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.