Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) has a permanent, full time Certified Hand Therapy (CHT) Physiotherapist opening.
In this role, the Certified Hand Therapist works within a hospital setting (i.e. clinics with physicians; intervention with a wide scope of CHT practice). Join a team of Certified Hand Therapists with a variety of backgrounds.
Following guidelines developed by third party agencies, for example the WorkSafe BC specific contract guidelines for a Hand Therapy Program, this position develops, plans, organizes, and implements a comprehensive Hand Therapy Program. Utilizing clinical best practice and a goal-directed, evidence-based approach, the Physiotherapist is responsible for assessing and developing comprehensive treatment plans for referred clients with hand and upper extremity dysfunction using appropriate therapeutic interventions.
Days of work are Mondays through Fridays; 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Relocation Allowance
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
If you are a CHT Physiotherapist with interested in working in an outpatient clinical setting with advanced technology and a positive and support team, apply today!
• Graduation from an approved program of Physical Therapy
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Physical Therapy.
• Current Hand Therapy Certification with the Hand Therapy Certification Commission.
• Minimum of two (2) years' recent, related experience (which includes at least one (1) years’ experience in splinting/hand therapy) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.