Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Heart Function and Cardiovascular Health Nurse to join our team at the Penticton Health Centre in beautiful Penticton, B.C. If cardiac inpatient nursing is your passion and you are trained in telemetry and are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse, apply today!
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to cardiac patients with complex heart failure, cardiovascular and other related chronic conditions to achieve and maintain optimal health, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Successful completion of a recognized Basic Cardiac Course (which includes telemetry)
• Two years recent clinical experience in acute or chronic coronary/cardiovascular nursing including formal experience in behavioral/lifestyle counseling and identification and management of cardiovascular/chronic disease risk factors and conditions, and one year recent adult learner teaching experience in a formal setting; or an equivalent combination of education training and experience
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.