Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Casual Surgical Booking Clerk to join their team! If you have graduated from Grade 12, have three year's recent experience and a current typing TEST 45 wpm or greater....Apply today!
The Surgical Booking Clerk plays a significant role in ensuring that the overall surgical booking requirements are met. Applies critical thinking and uses current knowledge of procedure protocols and computerized systems to schedule and assign patients/procedures to the daily surgical bookings.
Duties may include:
• Receives and processes requests for surgical procedures and coordinates with physicians and their offices;
• Develops and updates surgical waitlists and slates using computerized surgical scheduling systems - PICIS OR Manager, Surgical Patient Registry (SPR), Community Wide Scheduling (CWS), etc.;
• Edits surgical slate - identifying errors or conflicts, assigning extra cases, adjusting slate, confirms final booking assignments with designated personnel;
• Communicates and collaborates with Admitting, Medical Device Reprocessing, nursing units, anesthetists, surgeons and other departments;
• Instructs patients/family of pre-operative instructions for the surgical procedures, pre admission clinic visits and other appointments;
• Compiles, maintains and distributes designated surgical usage/surgical statistical data;
• Generates a variety of reports relating to surgical bookings and waitlists;
• Clerical duties;
• Performs site/department specific duties - inputting patient data and transcribing information into relevant systems; acting as a communication link for the unit; arranging for patient tests, entering diagnostic requisitions, and receiving results; assembling and maintaining patient charts; maintaining unit supply levels.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday Days – 07:30 to 15:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within an one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Three year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (on-line tests not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
*Along with your CV (resume), Please upload All Certificates/Diplomas &/or Transcripts that prove you can meet our Education and Skills & Abilities REQUIREMENT. Upload a TYPING TEST (5 min. 45 wpm within the PAST 48 MONTHS) from a recognized institution. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from an accredited College/Universities.*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.