The Penticton Health Centre is looking for Casual Home Support Scheduler - if you hold an Office Administration Certificate, proof of completion of Medical Terminology, plus two year's recent related experience and a current 5 minute Typing Test 30 wpm or greater (non-supervised tests are not accepted)....Apply today!
The Home Support Scheduler is responsible for developing and coordinating home support service schedules. Duties may include:
• Receiving service referrals and changes;
• Reviewing client needs and matches Community Health Workers based on suitability, geographic location, and skills required;
• Schedules, monitors, maintains and adjusts Community Health Worker’s schedules and client appointments;
• Confirms completion of client service to referral clinician;
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings – 05:30 to 13:30, 06:00 to 14:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 12:00 to 20:00, 15:00 to 23:00 hours
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Program, plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 30 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type 30 wpm
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Ability to operate scheduling and database software in a windows environment
• Ability to communicate effectively to clients and families, community health workers and all members of the health care team
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to manage a high volume of work and manage several tasks at once
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit an Office Administration Certificate, proof of completion of Medical Terminology Course and a 5 minute Typing Test (minimum 30 wpm within the past 48 months) from a recognized institution. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit an Office Administration Certificate, proof of completion of Medical Terminology and a Typing Test (min 30 wpm within 48 months)**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.