*THIS POSITION MAY QUALIFY FOR A $10,000 SIGNING BONUS!!*
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at Invermere District Hospital in beautiful Invermere, BC. If emergency nursing is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a beautiful rural setting, apply today!
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients in a variety of clinical settings, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a RELIEF FULL-TIME (1.0 FTE) OPPORTUNITY until January 31, 2024, or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 10:00 to 22:00 and 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
The Invermere & District Hospital is located in the heart of Invermere on Lake Windermere and has 8 acute care beds (2 with heart monitors), 1 Labour & Delivery room, a cast room and 36 residential beds. The Emergency Room has 12 stretchers and a 2 bay trauma room. The facility is walking distance to all 3 medical clinics and the retail/shopping district of the community, and both public beaches!
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
o Emergency – Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
o Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
Effective April 1, 2023 - hourly rate $40.21-$57.78 per hour.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.