We are seeking reliable and motivated Community Rehabilitation Assistants to join our cohesive Community Home Health Team in Trail, B.C.
Rehabilitation Assistants take clinical direction from either a physical therapist or an occupational therapist. Within this role, a Rehabilitation Assistant:
• Is encouraged to work at top of scope.
• Engages patients with regular therapeutic interventions.
• Has a huge impact on progression of patient needs and their rehab journey.
• Is an intrical member of the rehabilitation team.
• Is relied on to be the eyes and ears of the rehab team.
Home based rehabilitation supports adults with a variety of physical disabilities. The Community Rehabilitation Assistant assists clients with activities of daily living, implements group and individual programs in clients’ homes and in other community sites. Services offered are intended to allow clients to maximize their functional ability, remain at home and engage in meaningful activity. Local travel is required within this role in the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle will be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
Shifts will be available on a short-notice on-call bases and/or blocks of shifts pre-scheduled to relieve leaves of absences. Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Receive 9.6% of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. Opportunity to apply internally for permanent and relief openings as they become available.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• BC Top Employer 2023 and Canadian Top Employer Young Professionals 2023
• Family and work-life balance.
• Job security.
• Opportunity to be a part of the advancing medical field.
• The resources and infrastructure that Interior Health offers to support your practice.
• Benefit from working within a supportive and fun team based environment.
• In-depth orientation and mentorship with the opportunity to trial different practice areas to promote competency and avoid stagnancy.
• Learning and career development opportunities.
Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer great benefits and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your Community Rehabilitation Assistant career.
Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Driver’s License as required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.