If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for a hospital setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Occupational Therapist opening. We invite Occupational Therapists to apply who can be available at least three days per week.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Shifts when offered on short notice or pre-planned will be 08:00 to 16:00 hours and could be within a 7 day work week. Flexibility and availability to accept shifts is a requirement of the position. Casual employees receive 13% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
As a team member of the Community Rehab and Quick Response Team of Physiotherapists and Rehab Assistants, time limited service (i.e. interventions) are offered to adults with physical disability. The Home Health Occupational Therapy coverage captures the Penticton area, with possible coverage to rural sites of Keremeos and Princeton. Your impact will be felt in providing Home Health support for adults to stay in homes as long as they wish. And supporting patients with discharges from hospital safely.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Mentorship processes and informal supports with more experienced Occupational Therapists on the team. Significant time for orientation to the role and team. Opportunity for informal learning, e.g. in services. Opportunities to apply internally for new Occupational Therapist openings. Working part time hours three days of week if flexible.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Eligible positions qualify for relocation support
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Employee pension plan
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
Join us in Penticton, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.