If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for a hospital setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Occupational Therapist opening.
A Casual Occupational Therapist’s focus would include all South Okanagan’s Occupational Therapy portfolios, including Acute Care at Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH), Long-term Care within the numerous facilities in and around Penticton. Casual employment provides relief to positions occupied by regular full time and regular part time employees. This includes short-notice, on-call shifts to covering in a specific position. Shift times will be available on rotating basis including weekends and statutory holidays.
PRH is a 158-bed Acute Care facility responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to surrounding population of approximately 90,000 people. The Occupational Therapist’s focus would be physical/medical adult, including inpatient surgical/orthopedics, rehab unit, medical caseload. Our South Okanagan Long-Term Care (LTC) facilities consist of Westview Place (Penticton), McKinney/Sunnybank (Oliver, BC) and Dr Andrew Pavilion (Summerland). Our LTC facilities embody a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible.
We have a great, supportive team that provides ongoing mentorship and comradery. Mentorship is an ongoing process for new grads and those new to BC. We support a lifelong learning perspective. We provide education pertinent to your growth and areas you are interested in. We enjoy our work, work hard to get things done and have fun while doing so!
What We Offer:
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Penticton, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.