The Royal Inland Pharmacy department in Kamloops, B.C. is looking for a casual Pharmacy Assistant to join their passionate and energetic team!
As the Pharmacy Assistant you will work in accordance with established vision and values of the organization and under the close supervision of a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician to assist with various aspects of the Pharmacy Department Operations. This includes packaging and distribution of unit dose medications, as well as specified inventory control and statistical reporting activities and other related clerical functions.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Completion of Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Pharmacy Assistant Course, plus one year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to type.
• Ability to organize work.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.