Kelowna General Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Diagnostic Imaging Clerk to join their team in Kelowna, B.C. This position works 06:45 to 14:45, 07:00 to 15:00, 07:15 to 15:15, 07:15 to 11:15, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 15:00 to 23:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Many careers with us begin with casual employment and lead to permanent or temporary career opportunities.
What Will You Work On?
This position provides a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Diagnostic Imaging department, such as:
• Patient registration;
• Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to Diagnostic Imaging staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
• Ensures pertinent previous images and documentation are available for patient exam date, and forwards images to other facilities outside the Health Authority;
• Organizes and arranges for pediatric and adult sedation, catheterization exams, ambulance bookings;
• Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming out-going mail;
• Completes a variety of standard forms for registration/billing purposes;
• Types a variety of documents - memorandums, letters, minutes, education documents, presentations and statistical tables;
• Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates.
What should your application include?
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits for permanent and temporary roles and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Diagnostic Imaging Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within an one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Education, Training & Experience
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.