Do you have outstanding interpersonal skills with an excellent ability to communicate and connect with clients and team members? We are looking for an Adult Day Service Worker to join our team at Logan Lake and Ashcroft. Apply today!
Working in accordance with established vision and values of the organization and under the supervision of the Adult Day Centre Program Supervisor, and working within a client-centered model, the Adult Day Service Worker is responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks.
The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and be a team player!
This position can work in Ashcroft Tuesday/Thursday and Logan Lake on Wednesdays. 2 casuals are needed. Shift Times are 08:30 to 14:30. This position qualifies for our comprehensive benefits package.
Come and join our team! Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, completion of an Activity Assistant Program, and one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Food Safe certificate.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to instruct.
• Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.