Vernon Jubilee Hospital has an immediate permanent, part-time opening for a Staff Anesthesia Assistant.
The Anesthesia Assistant performs technical duties related to anesthesia such as testing, preparing and maintaining anesthesia equipment and supplies. Performs clinical duties related to assisting Anesthesiologists with the induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia.
VJH is a regional care facility where you will find six beautiful, large totally integrated operative theatres and three Staff Anesthesia Assistants (AA). Surgical Services provided at VJH include General, Gynecology, Orthopedics, some Pediatrics, Urology, and ENT. Staff AAs are involved in assisting with ECTS and cardioversion. They join the Anesthesiologist(s) in discussing care plans for things such as difficult airways, procedural sedations, and obstetrical consults. VJH is a tight-knit community hospital where there is a strong sense of collaboration that supports the deliverance of the best qualify patient care.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Vernon, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized school of Respiratory Therapy plus three years’ recent related experience.
• Completion of an accredited post-graduate Anesthesia Assistant diploma program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT).
• Current certificates in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.