Who Are We Looking For?
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Kelowna General Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Relief part-time Patient Registration Clerk to join their team! This position works rotating days, evenings & nights 22:30 to 06:30, 08:00 to 14:00, 07:00 to 15:00, 16:30 to 20:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 14:30 to 22:30, 15:00 to 21:00, 16:00 to 21:00.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will work in a customer-focused, team-oriented framework performing clerical and patient registration duties such as:
• Completes Patient Registration documentation for the admission of patients by interviewing patients, relatives or friends to obtain personal information and proof of eligibility;
• Explains Admission form, eligibility policies, room differentials and obtains signatures on forms as required;
• Identifies available bed booking options and communicates these options;
• Receives payments and issues receipts;
• Receives and records patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Transports patients to ward or arranges for transport;
• Performs hospital switchboard duties;
• Provides information and directions to visitors and handles telephone inquiries such as patient room numbers and visiting hours;
• Receives, opens and redirects the hospital’s incoming mail;
• Monitors the Alarm Panels and responds by announcing Fire Alarms over the Public Address System and/or making telephone calls.
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Patient Registration clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within an one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12
• Two years; recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 45 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.