Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital, located in Clearwater, B.C., has an immediate permanent, full time Rehabilitation Assistant opening.
What we offer:
• Relocation allowance for eligible positions
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital is a Level 1 Community Hospital with 6 acute care beds located in Clearwater, North of Kamloops. The hospital offers services including surgical, inpatient and 24 hour emergency. Outpatient hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Forest View Place is a 19 residential bed Long-Term Care facility attached to Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital.
Rehabilitation Assistants take clinical direction from either a Physical Therapist, an Occupational Therapist and/or Speech-Language Pathologist. Within this role, the Rehabilitation Assistant:
• Is encouraged to work at top of scope.
• Engages patients with regular therapeutic interventions.
• Has a huge impact on progression of patient needs and their rehab journey.
• Is an intrical member of the rehabilitation team.
• Is relied on to be the eyes and ears of the rehab team.
Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer great benefits and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your Rehabilitation Assistant career.
Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Driver’s License as required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.