We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor/Power Engineer 4 to join our dedicated and supportive team at South Okanagan General Hospital in Oliver, BC.
This is a permanent full time position working Monday to Friday Day shifts from 07:00 to 15:00. This position qualifies for a comprehensive benefits package.
What will you work on?
This position is responsible for ongoing Plant & Maintenance functions; supervising maintenance workers and other designated staff; and performing related administrative functions. The duties include performing trades duties approaching the journeyman level in a variety of trades areas and operate and maintain a power plant or any low pressure steam plant by operating, repairing and carrying out preventative maintenance on the boilers, air conditioning units, emergency power, and other related equipment of the facility in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health, Plant Services provides a tailored orientation for this position. We provide support from within Plant Services and from other divisions within Interior Health. We will assist with on going education that will keep you current in your field and systems that you need to maintain. We also provide internal education through i-learns. Your abilities to trouble shoot and repair all systems will grow as your exposure to all sites and systems expands.
If you are motivated to be challenged professionally, this is the move for you. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to maximize your skills. Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12 education plus five (5) years recent related experience including two years in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Certificate of competency as 4th Class Power Engineer recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to supervise.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.