Who Are We Looking For?
Nelson Jubilee Manor has an exciting opportunity for a casual Program Leave Management Assistant to join their team! The hours of work for this position are rotating days and evenings 07:00 to 15:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the planning and processing of employee vacation and leave information and performs registration and cashier duties as required. Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Types a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, presentation material, newsletters from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises;
• Coordinates meetings, as directed, by booking meeting rooms and relevant equipment, arranging catering, sending out meeting requests, and typing and circulating agendas and relevant supporting material;
• Coordinates travel arrangements as directed, by booking and confirming flights, vehicles and accommodation as required;
• Receives invoices and prepares staff expenses, reimbursements and monthly corporate visa statements;
• Performs patient registration duties and cashier related duties as required;
• Provides relevant/required information to the Purchasing Department in order for a consultant contract to be generated;
• Maintains office supply inventory and required support material by placing orders, receiving and storing supplies and generating purchase orders;
• Prepares statistical information as required by gathering and compiling data, developing and formatting statistical charts and graphs using appropriate software;
• Performs record management duties such as setting up and maintaining electronic and manual filing systems;
• Prepares and maintains web based communications and program/department intranet site and/or sharepoint site from general instruction using appropriate software;
• As required, reviews and verifies entitlement for all vacation, leave of absence, and banked time requests;
• Updates and maintains vacation planning calendars, tracking spreadsheets and tools;
What should your application include?
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 55wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Surrounded by the rugged Selkirk Mountains, Nelson sits on the shores of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. Picturesque geography and storybook charm are combined with cosmopolitan sophistication. Whether gliding through the incredible powder at Whitewater Ski Resort, catching a 25 pound rainbow trout on Kootenay Lake or simply enjoying a leisurely day of shopping along historic Baker Street, Nelson is a beautiful place to raise a family. But don't take our word for it, have a look for yourself.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 55wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.