Who Are We Looking For?
The Invermere District Hospital in Invermere, BC is looking for a Permanent Part Time Food Services Supervisor. The successful candidate must have a diploma from a recognized two-year Food Service Nutrition Management and Supervision program, and a minimum of 1 year recent experience.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday with Wednesdays, weekends and stats off
Shift Times: 08:30 to 13:30
What Will You Work On?
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Food Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
• Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
• Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
• Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
• Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
How Will You Make An Impact?
Food Services Supervisors are vital team members within the health care system and play an important role in the health and wellbeing of our patients, visitors and Staff. If you are looking for meaningful work that has a positive impact within your community, and room to grow – apply today!
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health provides opportunities to gain permanent and temporary work, cross-training into other areas of support services and beyond, and providing employer paid health and wellness benefits including pension plan and group life benefits. If you are looking for a great leadership opportunity, learn more about Support Services here!
* Please upload a copy of your Food Service Supervision and Food Safe certificate*
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
• One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.