We have a relief, full time opening with the Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT).
This position will be based out of the Kelowna Community Health and Services Centre with a schedule of Monday to Friday (08:30 to 16:30 hours). Occasional on-call shifts required. Local travel is required within this role in the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle will be required. Mileage during work hours is paid. This position will provide coverage until September 2024, or return of incumbent.
The ACT team is a provincial program, working with clients in the community with persistent and serious mental health illness and substance use disorder. Clients have significant functional impairment and may have difficulty accessing traditional, community mental health services. ACT services are delivered by a group of multidisciplinary staff who work as a team to provide the majority of the treatment, rehabilitation, and support services clients need to achieve their recovery goals. The team goal is to lessen or eliminate the mental health problems clients’ experience and to minimize or prevent acute episodes.
How We Will Help You Grow?
Provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues and the Occupational Therapy Professional Practice Leader. Library Services to support patient care, education and research are available. Educational opportunities, such as iLearns, in-house services, project assignments, etc. We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, and extensive extended health plan. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
This position is suitable for a new grad or a seasoned therapist. We are seeking an Occupational Therapist who works well within the team but also able to work independently with good people and communication skills. Ability to coach and educate clients. Willing to learn new skills.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Relocation Allowance
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Kelowna, B.C.! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.