Interior Health is seeking applicants for an exciting new opportunity as a Health Care Support Worker! If you are interested in an opportunity to provide patient-centred care but do not currently hold BC Care Aide Registration, then this opportunity may be for you!
This is a FULLY FUNDED training pathway toward becoming a Health Care Assistant through an accredited post-secondary Health Care Assistant program. Not only is the tuition fully funded but you receive a wage while you go to school!
Training format is typically full-time education with short periods of work until graduation. Applicants are hired to start employment as a Health Care Support Worker and will remain in this role until successfully completing their Health Care Assistant training program at a partnering post-secondary institution. The modular training program will be delivered over the course of 12-18 months.
The Health Care Support Worker will work under the direction of a Registered Nurse or another regulated healthcare professional, performing a variety of non-direct and/or non-clinical healthcare supports in accordance with the established care plan and safety requirements.
We are currently seeking interested candidates for training positions all across the Interior Health region. If you are interested in interviewing for one of these limited seats, apply today!
Learn more from this Video!
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor
• If English is your first language you must have successfully completed of English 10 or equivalency
• If English is not your first language, you must have a valid English competency test completed within the last 2 years, and your results must match the requirement of the educational program
• Clear Criminal Record Check
• Valid Class V BC Driver’s License (for Home Support only)
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.