Who Are We Looking For?
Lansdowne Centre in Kamloops has an exciting opportunity for a Clerical Assistant to join their Accounts Receivable team! This is a casual position working Monday to Friday, days from 8:00 to 16:00 as needed.
This is a Casual opportunity.
Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
This Kamloops office is home to the centralized corporate Billing and Accounts Receivable department for the entire health authority. With over 35 full time employees, this department handles many billing and receivable functions ranging from physician recovery billings to in-hospital care, residential and home support collections to name a few.
Come and work on a team that promotes respect, integrity, quality and trust. We will provide you with ample orientation and many opportunities to work up to fulltime here on our team. We look forward to hearing from you, come and join our winning team where we value work life balance!
The Data Entry Clerk performs clerical duties including:
• Answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, responding to inquiries and redirecting calls as required
• Prints invoices, receipts and other required documents and issues to customers in accordance with established procedures
• Distributes incoming mail, faxes and inter-office mail
• Electronic and paper file maintenance including scanning, copying, printing and filing
• Receives payments, enters information into cash receipt journals, balances and summarized journal and receivable accounts by matching and checking payment received against invoices and postings from journal to accounts receivable ledger.
• Prepares, batches, and inputs data such as Physician Billing, Inpatient, Outpatient, Day Care, Emergency, and other admission forms, charges and procedures performed.
• Updates and maintains customer information by entering data into the appropriate software, including payment information.
• Follows up on discrepancies such as rejection of preliminary accounts, incorrect personal health numbers and other identifying information.
• Participates in continuous quality improvement activities by performing duties such as providing input/feedback to the Manager (or designate) on work procedures and opportunities for process improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
What should your application include?
• Proof of completion of Grade 12
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Data Entry Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Spectacular landscapes, Kamloops is home to an incredibly diverse landscape of sagebrush-covered hills, ravines, wide open grasslands, rugged mountains, forested valleys and pristine lakes. Summer offers fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, camping, award winning mountain biking and the Tobiano golf course is ranked as one of Canada’s best. Winter brings the opportunity for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and ice-skating, or just 45 minutes out of town; Sun Peaks Four Season Resort offers the best skiing and snowboarding in the area. With over 2,000 hours of sunshine each year, this city offers everything you'd want in an urban centre while still providing the small town relaxed lifestyle.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.