If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for an acute care setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Respiratory Therapist opening.
We are a team of nine Respiratory Therapists who work at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH). KBRH’s Respiratory Therapy Department operates 24/7 offering the Respiratory Therapist (RT) an acute care focused practice that includes involvement with external transports as part of the High Acuity Response Team (HART). RTs are exposed to various patient populations and work areas within acute care. This position will work in ICU, Mat/Peds, ED and with the High Acuity Response Team (critical care transport). Critical care outreach team participates in night time on-call (responsible for intubations, art lines, esophageal balloon monitoring, ventilator management, NIV management, etc.)
As a member of the KBRH Respiratory Therapy team, you will work to full scope providing direct patient care in a highly skilled and respected team of health care professionals who work hard and play hard.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility and availability to accept shifts is a requirement of the position. Casual employees receive 13% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
We will help you grow by providing a tailored orientation to successful applicant and depending which position. New grads will receive longer orientations. CPR, NRP, ACLS, PALS, ITLS, ACORN, and Advanced Airway Management courses are provided for HART Respiratory Therapists. Learning plans, succession planning, mentoring are available to help a Respiratory Therapist grow in skills and knowledge.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Trail, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
Explore a Career with Allied Health
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Recent acute/critical care experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.