Who Are We Looking For?
Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Nursing Unit Assistant to join their team in Nelson B.C.! This position works Monday to Friday, days - 07:00 to 12:00, 07:00 to 14:30.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of a patient/resident care area, such as:
• Prioritizing, processing, coordinating and transcribing physicians’ orders;
• Acting as a communication link for the Unit;
• Scheduling, booking and coordinating patient/resident appointments;
• Assembling and maintaining patient/resident charts, inputs patient/resident data and transcribing information into relevant systems such as MARS, Kardex, Careplan, charts or electronic health record systems;
• Clerical duties - keyboarding, data entry, filing, compiling, preparing and maintaining statistics, producing reports, delivering and picking up items, maintaining unit supply levels and meeting minutes;
• Maintaining timekeeping records for regular and relief staff and submits/enters to payroll systems;
• Observing patient/resident call signals and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• A Nursing Unit Clerk Certificate
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Nursing unit Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Surrounded by the rugged Selkirk Mountains, Nelson sits on the shores of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. Picturesque geography and storybook charm are combined with cosmopolitan sophistication. Whether gliding through the incredible powder at Whitewater Ski Resort, catching a 25 pound rainbow trout on Kootenay Lake or simply enjoying a leisurely day of shopping along historic Baker Street, Nelson is a beautiful place to raise a family. But don't take our word for it, have a look for yourself.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program and Medical Terminology, Plus
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 40wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.