If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for an acute care setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Respiratory Therapist opening.
We are a team of 10+ Respiratory Therapists who work at East Kootenay Regional Hospital (EKRH). EKRH’s Respiratory Therapy Department operates 24/7 offering the Respiratory Therapist (RT) an acute care focused practice that includes involvement with external transports as part of the High Acuity Response Team (HART). RTs here have many opportunities to fine-tune advanced respiratory skills that may not be readily available at other sites. Employees at this site get to know one another quickly, which increases physician confidence in our skill set and involvement of the patients. Because the RTs cover the entire hospital during their shifts, they are exposed to all patient populations and work areas within acute care. For this reason, however, an extensive orientation is offered with support for new RTs until they are ready to work shifts alone.
We will provide educational opportunities, such as CPR, NRP, ACLS, PALS, ITLS, ACORN, and Advanced Airway Management courses. Learning plans, succession planning, mentoring are available to help a Respiratory Therapist grow in skills and knowledge. Opportunities available to participate in multiple committees in all areas of practice.
What We Offer:
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Cranbrook, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
Explore a Career in the East Kootenay Region!
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Recent acute/critical care experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.