Kelowna General Hospital’s Emergency Department has grown!
We are looking for an experienced Emergency Patient Care Coordinator to join our team of dedicated professionals at Kelowna General Hospital n beautiful Kelowna, BC.
This is a relief full time position until August 31, 2023 or return of incumbent. This position works rotating day and night shifts from 07:30 to 19:45 and 19:30 to 07:45.
Our ED department is quadruple the size of the previous department and features:
• Zone 1 (acute): 15 beds and 3 trauma rooms
• CDU (clinical decision unit) beside zone 1 and will have 8 beds for patients not admitted but needing more time in the department
• Zone 2 (Urgent care/Streaming) has a large waiting room where patients will be triaged and an additional 7 rooms to treat patients
• Zone 3 (Minor treatment) will be for suturing, casting, splinting, etc. and will be staffed by ER Physician and LPN/Ortho tech. 10 spaces to treat patients (space includes an ortho and gyne room)
• Heli-pad is manned by BC Ambulance Service
• Negative pressure rooms, no positive pressure
• 4 ambulance bays
• 3 seclusion rooms
• 3 bariatric rooms and 3 isolation rooms
Our benefits package includes:
• Paid vacation
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is a Top 100 Employer in British Columbia
If you are motivated to be challenged professionally, this is the move for you. We offer excellent benefits and opportunities to maximize your skills. Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Community Profile: Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here in the Okanagan Valley.
If you are open, adaptable, and a team player we would love to speak with you.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of emergency nursing, three years of recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment and two years recent supervisory and teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current CPR certification required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.