This position may qualify for up to $10,000 as a signing bonus and/or be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Perinatal team at the Shuswap Lake General Hospital in beautiful Salmon Arm, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Practices in a perinatal clinical setting and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care
• Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
• Ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs
• Demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities
This is a PERMANENT PART-TIME (0.73 FTE) OPPORTUNITY.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00hours.
About this location/unit:
Shuswap Lake General Hospital (SLGH) has an active, low-risk obstetrical unit that provides antenatal and postpartum care. We have approximately 240 births per year and provide More OB training for our staff. We have 12 hour shifts and have 2 nurses on both days and nights.
SLGH is a community hospital providing 24-hour emergency services, laboratory and radiology services, acute care beds for patient admissions, and obstetrical care We provide some core physician specialties such as internal medicine and low complexity general surgery including ambulatory care day surgery.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in a Perinatal clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience
• Current Fetal Health Surveillance
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NPR) within 2 years
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21- $54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.