Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) has a Certified Hand Therapist permanent, full time opening offering a wide scope of certified hand therapy practice.
This is a hospital-based position that supports Outpatients and Acute In-Patient Care Post-Op Splinting by developing, planning, organizing, and implementing a comprehensive Hand Therapy Program.
With this opportunity comes eligibility to apply for reimbursement of registration or membership fees through the Health Sciences Association.
What We Offer:
• Relocation allowance for eligible positions
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
What will you work on?
Utilizing clinical best practice and a goal-directed, evidence-based approach, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for assessing and developing comprehensive treatment plans for referred clients including Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) clients with hand and upper extremity dysfunction using appropriate therapeutic interventions.
What stands out from other employers?
Caring is at the heart of who we are. We strive to live out our vision: Health and well-being for all, as we deliver programs and services to the over 834,000 people across British Columbia’s southern Interior region. We strive to provide a workplace that is innovative, engaging and understanding; one that promotes physical safety as well as supports employee mental health. Empowering our employees to work safely and find the supports and resources they require leads to a healthy, productive and motivated workforce.
What is the team dynamic like?
We have a great, supportive team that provides ongoing mentorship and comradery. We enjoy our work, work hard to get things done and have fun while doing so!
What are the mentoring opportunities and opportunities for growth?
Interior Health is committed to helping our team members grow. We support a lifelong learning perspective. We provide education pertinent to your growth and areas you are interested in. We pair all new staff with experienced therapists to share experiences, encourage growth, and foster confidence in a non-judgmental and confidential environment.
Join us in Kelowna, BC! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from an approved program of Occupational Therapy.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy.
• Current Hand Therapy Certification with the Hand Therapy Certification Commission.
• Minimum of two (2) years' recent, related experience (which includes at least one (1) years’ experience in splinting/hand therapy) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.