If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for a hospital setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Occupational Therapist opening.
2023 marks the first year that Interior Health is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People. This special designation recognizes employers that offer the nation’s best workplaces and programs for young people beginning their careers.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion and it’s our goal to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience, and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all the clients we serve. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work! We focus on safety and employee wellness in the workplace to ensure everyone feels safe and supported at work.
A Casual Occupational Therapist’s focus would include all Central Okanagan’s Occupational Therapy portfolios, including Acute Care at Kelowna General Hospital, Long-Term Care within the numerous facilities in and around Kelowna, Home Health (Community Rehab) and Mental Health Services/Programs. Casual employment provides relief to positions occupied by regular full time and regular part time employees. This includes short-notice, on-call shifts to covering in a specific position. Shift times will be available on rotating basis including weekends and statutory holidays. Community Care will require local travel within the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle may be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
We have a great, supportive team that provides ongoing mentorship and comradery. Mentorship is an ongoing process for new grads and those new to BC. We support a lifelong learning perspective. We provide education pertinent to your growth and areas you are interested in. We enjoy our work, work hard to get things done and have fun while doing so!
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Kelowna, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.