Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is seeking to expand its Respiratory Team and is inviting applications for a relief, part-time opening.
This position is to provide coverage until return of incumbent, and may lead to further Respiratory Therapist (RT) employment as new Respiratory Therapist job postings and opportunities arise. Shifts with be rotating Days/Nights.
Respiratory Therapists work to full scope in acute care: Oxygen therapy, intubation and ventilation of critically ill patients; support of rural and remote sites over the telephone or in person (High Acuity Response Team); and artificial airway management and discharge planning. RIH is the busiest High Acuity Response Team in Interior Health; attending 65 to 70% of all transports. RTs work directly with RNs, Site Physicians and Advanced Care Aides to transport patients safely to a higher level of care.
RTs are directly involved with ICU, ER, and NICU, Code team (Blue, Pink, and Neonatal), wards and diagnostics (ECG). Respected by physicians and often able to work autonomously. We have had several Quality Improvement projects completed by RT’s in the past few years.
A robust orientation is provided by the RT Educator for several days before being teamed up with a buddy for orientation shifts. New employees will work and get full orientation to ICU, ER and wards initially, before moving on to Bronchoscopy orientation. High Acuity Response Team orientation is reserved for RT’s with a minimum of 2 years experience, and covers several extra courses including ACLS, MHSU, NRP/PALS, ITLS and an advanced airway course.
Continuing competencies are evaluated at regular intervals. Education for the team happens daily and as required by the PPL, APPL, and educators.
We are seeking a progressive, energetic team player. Someone who is willing to push their practice and provide the best quality of care possible, using modern technology and evidence based methodology. We are looking for a teammate is that is able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Relocation Allowance
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Kamloops, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Recent acute/critical care experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.