East Kootenay Regional Hospital (EKRH) has an immediate permanent, part-time opening for a Respiratory Therapist to join our team.
EKRH’s Respiratory Therapy Department operates 24/7 offering the Respiratory Therapist (RT) an acute care focused practice that includes involvement with external transports as part of the High Acuity Response Team (HART). RTs are exposed to various patient populations and work areas within acute care. RTs are relied upon for their urgent airway and respiratory assessment expertise throughout the hospital and with all patient populations. They are a valued member of the ICU team as they participate in daily rounds and the creation of patient care plans.
An extensive orientation is offered with support for new RTs until they are ready to work shifts alone. Educational opportunities for CPR, PALS, NRP, ACLS, various SIM sessions, and intermittently: Acorn, ITLS, etc.
Employees at this site get to know one another quickly, which increases physician confidence in our skill set and involvement of the patients. Because of EKRH’s size, RTs here have many opportunities to fine-tune advanced respiratory skills that may not be readily available at other sites. Multidisciplinary colleagues depend on the RTs for their recommendations with ward patients, their assistance with discharge planning, and home oxygen assessments.
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement. Relocation Allowance package may be offered with position.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• BC Top Employer 2023 and Canadian Top Employer Young Professionals 2023
• Family and work-life balance.
• Job security.
• Opportunity to be a part of the advancing medical field.
• The resources and infrastructure that Interior Health offers to support your practice.
• Benefit from working within a supportive and fun team based environment.
• Learning and career development opportunities.
Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer great job satisfaction and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your RT career.
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.