If you are passionate about public practice and seeking opportunity for a diverse rural practice setting we would love to hear from you for our Casual Occupational Therapist opening.
Based at Arrow Lakes Hospital; a 6-bed, Level 1 community based hospital, the Occupational Therapist’s caseload covers Acute, Long-Term Care, and Community Care. Community Care is delivered to the communities of Nakusp, New Denver and Kaslo. This position offers a full practice scope in all areas of care. Educational opportunities will be available as required with additional opportunities to take on leadership and change management projects.
Casual employment provides relief to positions occupied by regular full time and regular part time employees. This includes short-notice, on-call shifts to covering in a specific position. Shift times will be available Mondays through Fridays. Community Care will require local travel within the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle may be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
Reasons to join Interior Health:
• General salary increases over the next 3 years
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Isolation Allowance remuneration
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
Join us in Nakusp, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
Explore the Kootenay Boundary Region!
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Practice specific requirements and experience in programs applicable to practice area.
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $41.32 to 51.40
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.