Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Mount Cartier Court in Revelstoke, BC!
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Relief Part Time (0.97 FTE) position until the return of the incumbent, working evenings and nights with shift times of 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00.
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health.
Mt. Cartier Court located in beautiful Revelstoke offers long-term living for individuals with complex health needs. Our mission is to offer the very best in care services, quality of life, and to respect each individual’s preferences. We offer a range of services provided by caring professionals in a home-like environment. We have a complement of health professionals including: occupational therapist, physiotherapist, pharmacist, dietician, diabetes educator, as well as excellent physician support. Nursing staff is on duty on a 24-hour basis. We have 44 private rooms over three distinct wings or what we call “cottages.” Each cottage has a warmly decorated living room with comfortable seating, all have large new televisions, and two have pianos. The decorations throughout the cottages change with each holiday and new season. Our building is relatively new and very well kept. We opened our doors to the community in 2006.
This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.