Who Are We Looking For?
Lansdowne Centre has an exciting opportunity for Income Assessment Rate Setting Clerk to join their team in Kamloops, B.C. This is a casual position and when scheduled will work Monday to Friday Days from 8:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
The IARS Clerk performs a variety of financial support functions related to Home and community care income assessment rate setting process. This included scheduling appointments with clients, gathering financial information, processing home support, assisted living and long-term care client rates and following up with clients and HCC Service partners. This position liaises with a verity of internal and external stakeholders and identifies and investigates discrepancies and researches, gathers and compiles financial information for reports. Some typical duties include:
• Prepares and modifies financial rate calculations and documentation
• Participates in the annual health authority rate setting (HARS) process including answering calls and address rate concerns raised by clients/residents and families/representatives
• Requests necessary documentation and/or assists clients, residents or families to complete financial assessments and advises on government income benefits.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to gather and compile financial data as directed and researches, organizes, reconciles and summarizes information
What should your application include?
-A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
-Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of recognized Accounting Course(s);
-Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
-A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
-Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Spectacular landscapes, Kamloops is home to an incredibly diverse landscape of sagebrush-covered hills, ravines, wide open grasslands, rugged mountains, forested valleys and pristine lakes. Summer offers fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, camping, award winning mountain biking and the Tobiano golf course is ranked as one of Canada’s best. Winter brings the opportunity for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and ice-skating, or just 45 minutes out of town; Sun Peaks Four Season Resort offers the best skiing and snowboarding in the area. With over 2,000 hours of sunshine each year, this city offers everything you'd want in an urban centre while still providing the small town relaxed lifestyle.
Interior Health named a BC Top Employer and a Canada Top Employer for Young People 2023
Education, Training & Experience
• Grade 12
• Successful completion of a recognized accounting course, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.